Monitor is a series of four simulated surveillance feeds based on imagery from popular cinema. Each feed takes as its subject a different male protagonist, portrayed at a moment of relative immobility. Though isolated or even imprisoned, each of these characters remains very much in control. Each feed begins in the present, but slowly progresses down its own path into a distinct future.
The result is a portrayal of temporal mastery within spatial confinement.
- CibertArt Bilbao
- Arts Interactive (Boston)
- Los Angeles Contemporary Projects
- MP4 fest at the Silver Lake Film Festival, Arclight Theater
- Trinity College Gallery, Palos Heights, IL
- “Digital Visions,” University of British Columbia
- Bodybuilder and Sportsman Gallery in Chicago
- Rhizome Artbase